Do you fall into the trap of setting yourself unachievable new years resolutions? New Year resolutions are always tricky, even with the best intentions some are still as fleeting as a snowflake. I’m fascinated by the things people say they are going to/not going to do in a New Year. Most seem to end up discarded by the wayside before the month of January is out. I learnt long ago that any new regime needs to be realistic (and also that I don’t get on well with denying myself things I enjoy!).
I don’t really “do” resolutions but I have a running LIST of things to set my life to. So my “be true to yourself” 2012 bucket list/non-new year resolutions are:
- Travel to a NEW Northern European City – Stockholm was so great I’m inspired
- Continue with my 2011 challenge of visiting a museum/exhibition/gallery at least once a month
- Complete the redesign of my blog
- Remember that if you do not ask, the answer will always be NO – truly great things can happen
- Really look for the little (and big) things in life that make it so worthwhile – Enjoy life!
- Start having driving lessons (I know, I know. Can you believe I can not drive….. long story best told in person)
- Be prepared for change; if you do not go after what you want, you will never have it
- Keep the weekly Zumba classes up – I over-indulged somewhat this Christmas, plus I’m addicted
- Get around to redecorating the hallway and stairs in my own home – I’m thinking dark and moody
Finally, work smarter not harder and above all I’m hoping this year will be even more amazing than last year.
What’s on your non-resolutions list folks?
image:mary shaking a tail feather