Do you fall into the trap of setting yourself unachievable new years resolutions? New Year resolutions are always tricky, even with the best intentions some are still as fleeting as a snowflake. I’m fascinated by the things people say they are going to/not going to do in a New Year. Most seem to end up discarded by the wayside before the month of January is out. I learnt long ago that any new regime needs to be realistic (and also that I don’t get on well with denying myself things I enjoy!).
I don’t really “do” resolutions but I have a running LIST of things to set my life to. So my “be true to yourself” 2012 bucket list/non-new year resolutions are:
- Travel to a NEW Northern European City – Stockholm was so great I’m inspired
- Continue with my 2011 challenge of visiting a museum/exhibition/gallery at least once a month
- Complete the redesign of my blog
- Remember that if you do not ask, the answer will always be NO – truly great things can happen
- Really look for the little (and big) things in life that make it so worthwhile – Enjoy life!
- Start having driving lessons (I know, I know. Can you believe I can not drive….. long story best told in person)
- Be prepared for change; if you do not go after what you want, you will never have it
- Keep the weekly Zumba classes up – I over-indulged somewhat this Christmas, plus I’m addicted
- Get around to redecorating the hallway and stairs in my own home – I’m thinking dark and moody
Finally, work smarter not harder and above all I’m hoping this year will be even more amazing than last year.
What’s on your non list folks?
image:mary shaking a tail feather