Monday 19th December see’s the Christie’s Photography auction with some iconic 20th century images up for sale. Will of Bright Bazaar mentioned in a post this week how he is drawn to photographic prints over paintings. I find my personal first response tends to be towards poster art, then maritime images doesn’t matter the medium, then photography, then paintings generally. I haven’t really thought about why before….. Anyway if Santa decides to get me any of the below I’d be very happy indeed.
1) Ansel Adams sequoia gigantea roots Yosemite national park c1950 estimate $3-5,000
2) Edward Weston nude 1934 estimate $5-7,000
3) William Wegman loft 1989 estimate $3-5,000
4) Ansel Adams zabriskie point death valley national monument 1942 estimate $3-5,000
5) Berenice abbott new york c1936 estimate $12-18,000
6) Nino Migliori tuffetore 1954 estimate $2-3,000
I’m fascinated by the textures seen on all these pictures – a real visual treat