It’s probably no surprise that nursery ideas and design is taking up too much space in my brain at the moment. All the major elements of my little baby’s room are taking shape or on order. I’m now in the pretty styling and accents stage and it’s not as straightforward as you would think. The reason, well I believe that vintage, antique and family keepsakes bring soul to a room and this includes all the rooms in my house. Finding things isn’t as straight forward as popping to IKEA - which btw has some wonderfully affordable baby/toddler/kid pieces. So I’m snooping and hunting. My own loft has given me a few things of consideration in a repurposing way, as has my parents and the in-laws lofts. But those last remaining pieces are illusive. Etsy though has been keeping me busy in the evenings. I find it eminently more shoppable than ebay and I love the handmade section, but it’s the vintage selection that’s generally been my hunting ground.
Below is a trawl through some really wonderful yellow items that are on etsy and made it on to my I-really-really-like-that list.
Items from the top:
- Edith & Eleanor by ARTificalLights – LOVE LOVE LOVE these. If I was having a girl they’d be bought by now
- Nautical Party Bunting Banner in Yellow and Navy Blue by LoodeLoop – these are new but very nice I’m sure you’ll agree
- Needle felted Fox by LittleTeethMarks – how cool is this little fellow? Living in an urban environment I see foxes more than anyone who lives in the country and I have a soft spot for their likeness
- Ceramic Owl Bank Vintage Design Lemon Yellow by fruitflypie – this still might be purchased as I really like it
- Vintage nautical signal flag by ginandtonicshop – lovely colours on this. Reminds me of the Hudson Bay Company (P.S if anyone wants to get me anything from HBC's dog selection or blankets – I’d be very happy)